Use this guide to download, install, and set up Studio. Studio on Mac requires macOS 12.3 or later.
- Go to the mmhmm download page and download Studio.
- Open the mmhmmStudio.pkg installer file.
- If you're prompted to give the installer access to your Downloads folder, click OK.
- If you encounter an The installation failed error, learn how to troubleshoot and resolve it.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
- The Studio app will automatically open. Sign in to your mmhmm account or create an mmhmm account.
Studio user interface
Tip: Click the image below to enlarge it.
|Access all of your Studio presentations.
|Organize multiple presentations with tabs.
|Where you will appear on screen as a presenter.
|Switch between Edit, Playback, and Share modes.
|Add slides or scenes
|Add slides and scenes to your presentation. You can also manage your deleted slides here.
|Manage and edit your created slides.
|Record your presentation and upload it to mmhmm.
|Have your slides appear over your shoulder or in full screen. You can also choose to turn them off.
|Paginate through slides using the arrow buttons. You can also manage your recorded takes here.
|Invite a friend
Invite a friend to join the mmhmm platform.
|Mic + Camera
Toggle your microphone or camera. You can also select your mic and camera here.
Open a new Studio presentation.
|Rooms + Presenter
|Away + Pointer
Adjust your opacity, or how transparent you appear on stage.
Adjust how big or small you appear on stage.
Quickly snap to a corner of the stage by selecting an anchor point.
Choose between a silhouette, square, or circle frame.
Effects add an overlay to yourself or your presentation.
Big Hands mode lets you communicate visually over video by identifying specific hand gestures and turning them into giant emojis.
Reset your settings back to the defaults.
Choose your preferred slide design by selecting a slide appearance option from the dropdown.
Select your camera
To appear as a presenter in Studio, you'll need to connect your webcam to Studio.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Camera icon.
- In the menu, select the camera you want to use.
Your camera image will appear on the stage along with your background and slide content. Learn how to optimize your webcam setup for Studio.
Select and configure your microphone
To talk in Studio presentation, you'll need to connect your microphone to Studio.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Microphone icon.
- In the menu, select the microphone you want to use.
- Test your mic by making some noise and watching the sound input level display. If it moves along with the sounds you’re making, your mic is working properly.
Set up your green screen
If you have a physical green screen, you can use it to give you greater control over how your image appears in Studio. If you don't have a physical green screen, the virtual green screen included with Studio requires no additional setup.
Connect to video conferencing tools
Connect Studio to your video conferencing tools such as Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more to take your presentations to the next level.