Enhance your presentation in Studio with slides and media. You can also apply slide settings from one slide to another to achieve the same layout and presenter settings.
Open the Studio app on your Mac. Click New Slide above the slide tray and select the slide content type you want to add.
Types of media
You can add different types of media in Studio such as text, GIFs, videos, screenshares, and more.
To share your computer screen or a window, click New Slide and select This Mac or iOS Device.
In the window that appears, select your desired screen, window, or iOS device. Then, click Share.
To optimize your screen share experience, take note of the following:
- Screen share slides must be added from the New Slide menu. They can’t be dragged and dropped into the slide tray like image and video files.
- If the window you choose is minimized, you must display it on your desktop before it shows up in your slide tray correctly.
- If your audience says your screen share looks blurry, your video conferencing tool has lowered your bandwidth automatically in response to the network speed. To fix this, share the Broadcast window instead.
- If you're sharing a document such as a Google Doc, consider zooming into the content or making the text larger to make it easier for your audience to read.
- To add a text slide, click New Slide and select Text.
- Enter the text you want to display on your slide in the Title and/or Body fields.
- When you're done, click Done. The text slide will appear in your slide tray.
- To add a text slide, click New Slide and select GIPHY.
- In the search bar, enter a keyword to find a GIF. You can also add a caption for the GIF.
- When you're done, click Done. The GIPHY slide will appear in your slide tray.
The following file types are supported in Studio:
- MOV (QuickTime file)
- PPT & PPTX (PowerPoint)
- KEY (Keynote file)
- To import a media file, click New Slide and select Media.
- Select an image or video file from your device. To import multiple media files, press and hold the Shift key while you select the files you want to import.
- When you're done, click Open.
- To import a presentation, click New Slide and select Import Presentation.
- Select a PowerPoint (PPT or PPTX), Keynote (KEY), or PDF file from your device.
- Click Open. Your presentation will be uploaded, converted into a Studio presentation, and open in a new tab in Studio. Learn more about importing slides from Google Slides, Keynote, and PowerPoint into Studio.
You can share a second camera feed to help your audience understand your story from a different angle.To add a second camera, click New Slide and select Camera, then select your second camera.
Your second camera feed will now appear on your slide.
Manage your slide media
To change how your slide displays on stage, use the slide display controls above the slide tray. By default, slides are displayed above and behind the presenter's shoulders, but you can make a slide display in full screen by clicking Full.
When your slides are set to display in Shoulder, you can reposition or resize them by hovering over your slide.
- Click and drag your slide to reposition it on the stage.
- Click and drag a corner of the slide to resize it.
When you have more than one slide in your tray, you can move through slides in sequence using your left and right arrow keys.
To change whether your slide appears in front or behind the presenter, go to Slides in the menu bar and select Slides on Top.
To turn on or turn off slide transitions, go to Slides in the menu bar and select Slide Transitions.
To change the order of your slides, click and drag the slide to a new position in the slide tray.
To delete a slide from your presentation, right-click the slide in the slide tray and select Move to Trash. You can also use the Command + Delete keyboard shortcut to delete a slide.
You may want to position yourself front and center on stage, switch quickly to a different background, or get out of the way of your content. To reuse the same background and presenter settings, you can apply individual slide settings to other slides.
In the slide tray, select the slide with the desired settings.
Click New Scene above the slide tray. This will create a new scene and will allow you to change the room and presenter controls for this slide.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the scene number of your target slide, then select the desired scene with the settings you want to apply to the target slide.