Follow these steps to Studio from your computer. This will not delete your mmhmm account. Learn how to delete your mmhmm account.
- Open the Finder on your desktop or from your dock.
- In the left sidebar, go to Applications.
- Find Studio, then right-click it and select Move to Trash.
- A window will appear stating that Studio is hosting system extensions which will be removed if you continue. This refers to the virtual camera and virtual microphone plugins, which will need to be deleted in order for the Studio Camera to be fully removed from your video conferencing tools. Click Continue.
- If prompted, enter your Mac password to finish moving Studio to Trash.
- To permanently delete Studio, right-click the Trash icon on your desktop or from your dock and select Empty Trash.
Studio Camera still appears after uninstalling Studio
If you still see the mmhmm Studio Camera in Zoom, Meet, or other video conferencing apps after uninstalling Studio from your computer, follow the steps below:
- Re-install Studio on your computer and open it.
- While holding the option ⌥ key on your keyboard, click mmhmm Studio in the Mac menu bar and select Uninstall Camera Extension. Then follow the on-screen steps.
- Uninstall Studio normally, as outlined at the beginning of this article.
I'm using an older version of Studio
If you have an older version of Studio (2.6.0 and earlier), or the steps outlined in the previous section do not uninstall the Studio Camera, you must use the Studio Camera uninstaller.
- Download this uninstall package.
- In your Downloads folder, open the mmhmm-uninstall.pkg file.
- An Install mmhmm-uninstall window will open. Click Continue to progress through the first two steps of the uninstall package.
- When you get to the Installation Type step, click Install.
- Once the uninstall finishes, click Close.
If you still see the Studio Camera in your video conferencing tools after uninstalling, try restarting the tool. If the Studio Camera still appears, try restarting your computer.